Views
Helpful
Replies

wrvs4400n v2 Remote access vpn - unable to connect with QuickVPN Client

nahum2126
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone!

Last week i have purchased a wrvs4400n router so that my remote workers (5) can connect to my home LAN and RDP my virtual machines.

Iv'e set up 2 VLAN's (1 for home network and 2 for work), and configured the vpn clients, exported the certificate and placed it in QuickVPN Install directory.

While connecting, it reaches "Activating Policy" and stops with "Connection Error". After that, while looking at the router active VPN Sessions, it says "online" but for the client it shows "disconnected".

as for router configuration:

VLAN Inner-Routing is disabled.

Operation mode is gateway, not router.

Internet acces policy is disabled.

does any of these settings has something to do with remote access VPN?

All clients are Windows 7.

I have made sure that the firewall is on and enabled both IKEV and IPsec services, but it still wont work.

I can realy use some help here as i need to make that VPN work ASAP after trying RRAS for 2 weeks and had lots of problems with it.... cannot waste any more time....

many many thanks ahead!

3 Replies 3

nahum2126
Level 1
Level 1

Well i got it to work, only now i cant RDP to none of the machines....

regualr port forwarding for RDP work ok though. any ideas?

Hello nachum ella,

I am glad to hear you have gotten the VPN to work. Can you ping the server you are tyring to RDP too? If not, are you able to ping the router using the LAN IP address?

If you can reach the router on the LAN IP address then it may be that there is a firewall on the system you are trying to RDP too.

Other things to look into-

Ensure the router is on the latest firmware (2.0.2.1).

Check under the VPN client accounts and see the date listed below "Certificate Last Generated or Imported" and make sure that it is a reasonable date. If needed generate a new cert.

Check the connection status for your VPN.

I do hope this information helps

Thank you for the reply Robert!

I got the RDP to work. The problem was that Inter-VLAN was disabled, but that us not my goal.

Once Inter-VLAN is enabled, I cannot ping nobody except for the gateway ( router LAN ip address )

I need to have no communication between VLAN 1 and VLAN 2, but still need to be able to VPN and RDP into VLAN 1.

Does it have anything to do with the port mode on the VLAN settings? All ports are configured as "Access" with no "Ingress Filtering".

Another problem is that I can't assign the default SSID to VLAN 2, I do t really know why.

Other then that I think it's a really good router.

Thanks again!