cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N with VPN but strange behaviour

westlandict
Level 1
Level 1

I got an WRVS4400N router and some clients they use the QuickVPN client.

I had the firewall set a DMZ to the router and the router set the firewall off and Block Wan request set off.

The clients now can make a VPN connection to the router and works fine.

But the thing is that i can ping some devices and some devices that not repond.

When i do a ping test in the router, the device will respond successfully.

Got some network printers, network harddisks and VoIP base stations with webinterfaces to configure the device.

So for example:

VoiP Basestation ping respond internal and external over VPN but cannot open the web interface over VPN, but internal the webinterface will open.

Printer 1 ping respond internal and external over VPN but cannot open the web interface over VPN, but internal the webinterface will open.

Printer 2 ping respond internal and external over VPN and open the web interface over VPN and internal.

Network harddisk 1 ping respond internal and external over VPN and open the web interface over VPN and internal and also can open the sharefolders.

Network harddisk 2 ping respond internal and not external over VPN and does not open the web interface over VPN, but internal the webinterface will open. Also i can internal open the sharefolders but over VPN i cannot open the share folders.

So... Why some devices works perfectly and some don't ?

All devices has the same subnet and network devices such as network harddisks, printers and voip base stations does not have any firewall.

When i open the routers webinterface and go to: Administration > Diagnostics, and do a ping test, al devices respond and in the internal network all devices are working perfectly.

But with an VPN connection from an external location some devices give a respond on a ping request and some don't. Some devices i can reach on the webinterface and some don't.

What is going on here???

Routers firmware: V2.0.2.1-ETSI

QuickVPN client: V1.4.2.1

1 Reply 1

westlandict
Level 1
Level 1

Problem solved...

Need to set all devices on DHCP, so getting automatic IP from the DHCP server.

Still it is a bug, because when i set the same settings as manual (IP, subnet mask, gateway and DNS) then it will not work.