cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400NV2 IPS BLOCKING AIP-SSC5 Cisco Auto Update Server. . .and other IPS bugs

not12bhere
Level 1
Level 1

I really try to love the WRVS4400N because of the amazing value proposition, but again and again I wonder about its IPS functionality. Here are the latest bugs:

Yesterday I noted that my ASA5505 AIP-SS5 card was failing to auto update as it had been for months. I looked in the logs and the IPS was showing an HTTP Error when attempting to update. I looked and nothing had changed in the IPS. Then, on a hunch, I checked the IPS log of the WRVS4400N.

The WRVS4400N IPS was blocking connections with the cisco auto update server because it detected an RPC Anomaly in the traffic. So apparently, something has changed in the cisco IPS auto update server (https://198.133.219.25//cgi-bin/front.x/ida/locator/locator.pl) response that the cisco small business router misidentifies as a threat. . .

Also, the WRVS4400N IPS engine will break connections to hulu if chat/p2p blocking is enabled and it only gets signature updates once every six months. I have thought about turning it off, but I can't because doing that breaks port forwarding.

Please fix the router's firmware issues.

0 Replies 0