cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Session Timeout Question

Patrick McHenry
Level 3
Level 3

We have some remote users that are not happy with the SSL Any Connect connection going down after they close their laptops or lose their wireless connection for a time. I read this question and answer from a Cisco page and was wondering where the session timeout setting is changed. Is it on the client nic, AnyConnect software or the ASA firewall?

Thanks, Pat.        

Q. What is the AnyConnect reconnect behavior?

A. AnyConnect will attempt to reconnect if the connection is disrupted. This behavior is automatic and not configurable. As long as the session on the ASA is still valid, the session will be resumed if AnyConnect can re-establish the physical connection.

Version 2.2 includes a roaming feature that allows AnyConnect to reconnect after a PC sleep. The client will continue trying indefinitely until the head-end tells it that it cannot reconnect and the client will not immediately tear down the tunnel when the system goes in to hibernate/standby. For customers who do not want this feature, set the session timeout to a low value to prevent sleep or resume reconnects.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Pat

I believe that the session timeout is a setting on the ASA.

I found that there is a setting in the XML profile that AnyConnect uses that will enable or disable the reconnect after sleep feature. But I am not aware of a timer for timeout that is set in the client.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Pat

I believe that the session timeout is a setting on the ASA.

I found that there is a setting in the XML profile that AnyConnect uses that will enable or disable the reconnect after sleep feature. But I am not aware of a timer for timeout that is set in the client.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card