Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA OSPF Default Information Originate Error

awinslade
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all router gods

I have an HA pair of ASAs that i'm trying to configure to pass a received iBGP 0.0.0.0/0 route and redistribute it into OSPF.

The route is in the ASA routing table however its not being redistributed into OSPF.

I suspect that I need to enable Default Information Originate within OSPF  however, when I attempt this  I get an error: "The OSPF NSF Wait Time must be between 1 and 65535"

Firstly do I need to enable Default Information Originate? Secondly what's with the NSF error as NSF if not enabled. 

as I type this I'm wondering if its ASDM - might try the command line command.

Thoughts

Andy

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @awinslade ,

yes you need to use the OSPF default-.information originate because in Cisco OSPF implementation it is not possibile to redistribute a default route. This is true also for routers.

I would suggest you to try to add the command on the CLI.

However, the NSF error may be related to the fact that you can make the device an OSPF stub router waiting for BGP to converge or to wait some time.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello,

I think on the ASA you have to use 'ip ospf lls disable' in order to get rid of that warning.

On IOS devices, you cannot redistribute a default route into OSPF, not sure if that is the same on the ASA. You need to inject it by using the 'default-information originate' command.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card