Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9k IOS-XR BGP default-originate per peer

trfinkenstadt
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have a potential issue that has caused several issues for me.  On an ASR9001 with 5.3.2, when we put on a BGP peer in a vrf "default-originate", it doesn't seem to re-source"  the announcement to my carrier with no as-path information.  It continued to send the entire AS Path to our carrier.  This caused further issues in that enviironment.  When this is being announced from our other routers (ios, ios-xe) it does what we expect with no as-path information besides that router originating the prefix.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ranilf2005
Level 1
Level 1

Suggest you to escalate this to Cisco and check the current caveats or issues with this NX-OS code. I had a same issue with disappearing some routes to backbone and restart NX-OS when inject new routes to route table. after upgrade, seems to be all fixed.

Ranil Fernando

View solution in original post

Yeah.. ios-xr is its own special kind of hell.  We caused a hotfix to OSPF to be released because of a similar issue we ran into.  

I've got a tac case open as well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ranilf2005
Level 1
Level 1

Suggest you to escalate this to Cisco and check the current caveats or issues with this NX-OS code. I had a same issue with disappearing some routes to backbone and restart NX-OS when inject new routes to route table. after upgrade, seems to be all fixed.

Ranil Fernando

Yeah.. ios-xr is its own special kind of hell.  We caused a hotfix to OSPF to be released because of a similar issue we ran into.  

I've got a tac case open as well.

an open defect CSCvi03215, that says if you have a default route in the table in addition to default-originate, we can get into this situation.

Action Plan:

Easy workaround for the case is to block default route in the neighbor outbound policy since you already have unconditional default-originate towards that neighbor.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card