Views
Helpful
Replies

Best and cost-effective solution

abalakri79
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a situation.

We need to provide a T3 connection to a central location and from there need to provide certain bandwidth to 4 other locations. Let say

Location 1 -- needs 10 Mbps

Location 2 -- 10 Mbps

Location 3 -- 5 Mbps

Location 4 -- 10 Mbps

We are thinking of using a CISCO 3000 series router at the Central location and use it to split bandwidth for each of these locations. Each of these locations are connected from the central location through microwave towers.

Should I be considering any other aspect in this setup ?

Ashwin

1 Reply 1

barisal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

The 4 other locations IP blocks are known, as far as i have understood. And as i have taken in, these assigments will be strict i mean when the reserved 10 Mbps for Site 1 is not used by related IPs, the other sites should not use the reserved part of T3 line for their operation. So, i think it is the best way to use integrated services such as CAR. Write down Access-list for each site's IP blocks just to catch the related traffic, and then for each IP access-list define rate-limint on the T3 line for both input and output traffic flow. So, you will have 8 line rate-limit definition. And choose drop action for exceed traffic, so the related IP blocks can not go over the bandwidth that is reserved for them.

Regards,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card