cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't communicate with other PCs using Static IP

mattborges1
Level 1
Level 1

I set up a 4 routers network, each with one computer, using Packet Tracer but I cannot seem to make the computers from different networks communicate with each other using Static IP. I reviewed everything but I can't find what the problem is.

Before posting here I practiced with a smaller network with only two routers and I managed to get the PCs to communicate.

Could anyone take a look at the project and help me see what I'm doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the static routes point to the wrong next hop IP address. It is very tedious to use static routes, especially since in your case you have redundant paths. Better use a dynamic routing protocol such as RIPv2/EIGRP/OSPF.

What (if any) instructions are you following, what are the requirements of this project ?

Attached the revised file with EIGRP being used as routing protocol.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

the static routes point to the wrong next hop IP address. It is very tedious to use static routes, especially since in your case you have redundant paths. Better use a dynamic routing protocol such as RIPv2/EIGRP/OSPF.

What (if any) instructions are you following, what are the requirements of this project ?

Attached the revised file with EIGRP being used as routing protocol.

Hi there! Sorry, it took me long to check the post, and thank you for the quick reply. 

I was following the practice class in a Udemy course. The focus of that class are static routes. The instructor said there are better ways to send the package, but he was using this method for simplicity. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card