cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 45xx Series Chassis With Any Supervisor

tiford
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble with changing the configuration for the VRF on a Catalyst 4507R+E using SUP7-E.  No matter which Supervisor is used, if the default VRF is Mgmt-vrf it cannot be changed.  Therefore, I cannot successfully ping the gateway of my device or beyond.  

The commands to configure VRF would work, but it will not override the default VRF.  Output reads "Management interface VRF can not be changed."  How am I supposed to get around this?  

Extra note:  If I use mgmtVrf or Mgmt-intf then I can ping successfully.  The VRF name by default seems to be specific to the IOS version being used.  Please help.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

45XX, regardless of supervisor card models, support VRF-Lite and do NOT support MPLS/VRF.  

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

If you stick to OOB Mgmt port your must use the factory-bound vrf. But you can choose another physical port or a Vlan interface for managing the switch and you can assign the global vrf or your custom vrf:

https://ltlnetworker.wordpress.com/2015/08/16/management-network-topology-and-asymmetric-routing/

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card