cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7609 Redundant Supervisor card,solution required...

jegan1234
Level 1
Level 1

The router is currently working fine,it is working normally in network.Because of some reason the active supervisor card fails.Then after that stanby takes over and working normally.Mean time Cisco RMA is raised,till then the standby supervisor card is taking the load.So my issue is how to get the new supervisor card(after RMA) installed,IOS upgraded without disturbing the router from the network.If it is possible,please let me know the configuration methods in a step by step process to IOS upgrade the new supervisor card and copy the configurations from the working card to the new card.At the same time,the new card should become active and the other to go to the previopus state (standby mode).
Please let me know the details.

Please find the attached for the same.please do kindly reply.......

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jegan,

If you have spare 7600, you can put it in and upgrade the code to the same version that you have in production and then inserted it in to you production router.  If you don't then you can put it in the production 7609 and consol to it and load the IOS and then reboot the router.  That will bring up blade 5 as the primary.  You have to this during on outage, window,  because you never know what can go wrong

HTH

Reza

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card