cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 828 G.SHDSL issue?

johnjr
Level 1
Level 1

I have several 828 DSL's spread throughout our network and every once in awhile our customers on 4-6 different devices will experience a lost of connectivity at the same time. The fix action is to reset the hubs or switches that are daisy chained off of port 4 on the 828. I assumed that the problem was being caused by the number hubs/switches that are being daisy chained and the amount of PC's running into the hubs/switches. Is there a recommended solution to this issue or is just something that is going to continue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

I think problem may arise due to following reasons.

1. Make sure the switch interface config look like this (plus speed and duplex settings) on

the ports going to the pc's (not to routers, hubs, switches, etc.):

2.Please check the straight through cabling. I went over a couple of previous cases with

similar problems and the cabling actually caused this issue.

3.If the NIC has options for flowcontrol and power management, please disable all

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

I think problem may arise due to following reasons.

1. Make sure the switch interface config look like this (plus speed and duplex settings) on

the ports going to the pc's (not to routers, hubs, switches, etc.):

2.Please check the straight through cabling. I went over a couple of previous cases with

similar problems and the cabling actually caused this issue.

3.If the NIC has options for flowcontrol and power management, please disable all

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card