Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Access Point with Multiple Vlans

Hamidsattarrana
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I hope you guys are doing great. I have following mentioned senerio.

We have Vlan 300 on our lan segment. Only Vlan 300 for all traffic.

I want to configure an Cisco AP 2600 with multiple SSIDs. For example: I want 2 SSID for radio 0 interface & 2 SSIDs for radio 1 interface.

1- SSID1 & SSID2 for Radio Interface 0

2- SSID3 & SSID4 for Radio Interface 1

After reading some guide I figured it out that I have to configure 1 vlan for 1 ssid and there will be 4 vlans for each SSID.

But on the uplink Access Point >>>>> Switchport. I don't want to configure these 4 vlans on switch.

Is it possible that i configured 4 SSIDS with 4 Vlans but on the switch all the traffic from the access point go to same vlan 300?

Can someone please post the configurations for me?

I need your suggestion.

Thanks & Regards,

Hamid

8 Replies 8

Hello,

not sure what you are after, but the access point is a layer 2 device and cannot do any routing. You need to trunk the Vlans to the switch, and if you want to route between those Vlans, you need a layer 3 device.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-mobility-documents/multiple-ssid-with-multiple-vlans-configuration-example-on-cisco/ta-p/3118056

This guide did not help me.

Hello,

what do you want to achieve ? If you have 4 Vlans on the AP, you need 4 Vlans on the switch, there is no way for all 4 Vlans to communicate 'through' one Vlan (300 in your case)...

And I have to configure DHCP Server for that VLans too? Am I right?

I want to configure Guest AP. If someone come from the outside and want internet access, we want them not to access our internal servers on Vlan 300. We want to isolate guest.

Hello,

indeed you would have to configure the AP as DHCP server. Which type/model is your AP ? Some models let you configure a guest Vlan through the GUI...

Cisco IOS Software, C2600 Software (AP3G2-K9W7-M), Version 15.2(4)JB6, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Cisco C2600 with DUAL Band with Autonomous based IOS Image

Hello,

the 2600 should be able to function as a DHCP server.

If you want the guest Vlan to not be able to talk to the other Vlans, the easiest way to achieve that is by using an access list on the layer 3 device. Post the configuration of the device you use for routing, and I can suggest an access list configuration...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card