Replies

Cisco ASA 5506X + VPN IPSEC

dorcejose
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

If anyone can guide me!!

I have the following scenario:

IP: A.A.A.A |SERVER|------------|ASA 5506X|<------IPSEC------->|ASAXXXX|-------------|SERVER| IP: B.B.B.B

The vpn ipsec specifications  :

Left peer (asa5506x) ip: X.X.X.X

domain encryption : 10.5.41.0/24 

Right peer (ASAXXX) ip:XX.XX.XX.XX

domain encryption : 10.5.43.0/24

I do not know how to mask the ip address A.A.A.A(ORIGINAL) whit 10.5.41.xx  to generate traffic to the other side.

With iptables(openswan) can do it :

iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -s A.A.A.A -d 10.5.43.5/32 -j snat --to 172.16.41.100

Whit cisco asa , i don know...

Someone help me?

PD: i have access to ASA5506X.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I do not understand what you are telling me. It sounds like perhaps you are saying that you need to NAT the traffic. Is that the case?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This link has a good discussion and examples which I hope will be helpful to you for configuring site to site VPN on ASA

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/119141-configure-asa-00.html

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks! Richard! very fast Answer!

The link, is helpful , but in the example the domain encryption in both sides  are "real". In my case, the domain encryption on both sides are "ficticius" , the "real" ips must be masquerade.

The tunnel is up but I can not generate traffic, since the source ip are not interesting traffic. I need to mask those ip's to format 10.5.41.0/24.

I do not understand what you are telling me. It sounds like perhaps you are saying that you need to NAT the traffic. Is that the case?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Sorry !

I need all the traffic that originates in my encrypted domain , example 172.16.1.254, be masked with ip 10.5.41.254 , In this way the traffic is directed by the vpn.

And all the traffic that comes from 10.5.43.100 (example) ,Head towards 172.16.1.254.

I explain ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card