Helpful
Replies

Cisco Configuration Professional to access and configure Cisco 891 router

zerocool12
Level 1
Level 1

To anyone,

here is the situation

were moving to another office and my Cisco Admin left. We are also switching to another ISP and getting a Statsitc IP from them. The router is assigned an IP address of 192.168.2.1 to access it.

Can someone tell if I turn on the router in the new office can I plug an Ethernet cable from my laptop to port 1 on the router since the 891 router is also and eight port switch. Will I be able to access the router using Cisco Configuration Professional and detect the router using the discoverable and assign a Static IP, gateway, DNS, subnet.

I'm not familiar using the CLI using Putty.

Thank you

4 Replies 4

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9
Hi, Yes, you should be able to access your 891 router using the IP address 192.168.2.1. The Configure section of CCP is where you could modify most of your router settings: http://wannabelab.blogspot.com/2013/11/cisco-configuration-professional-ccp.html?m=0

Hi,

you need to assign ip address  192.168.2.2 on pc and make sure which interface has  192.168.2.1 ip address and mask. you have to put the ethernet cable on that router-interface which  have ip address  192.168.2.1. Subnet mask should be same on router and pc.

For using CCP keep in mind these things:

1) Router interface have ip address(facing pc)

2) HTTP enbale cum ip http authentication local

3) create at-least one user-name and password with privilege level 15

then open the CCP and give the ip address as well as user credentials. 

HTH

kazim

"Don,t forget to select correct answer and rate for help full post"

zerocool12
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for help everyone, when I do the changes on the router using CCP,  say for example changing the Static and DNS and click on the ok button.

A window pops up and do I only click on the button save to file. After I save to file will the Cisco 891 initialize with the new settings I typed in.

Yes, dear! it will initialize with new settings.

If possible you should go to Application Tab > Options and select "show CLI preview " , then "ok"

It will give you an option to preview the commands generated by CCP before apply these commands to router and help to learn better way. 

HTH

kazim

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card