Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DDR2200 - Bridge Mode

paulorv235
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Simple question: Does the Cisco DDR2200 support bridge mode to use a separate device to do all routing & firewall functions?

6 Replies 6

Zoomer911
Level 1
Level 1

Yes but depending on which firmware you have centurylink says the newest firmware has issues passing the layer 2 information on

CenturyLink has the local DDR2200 set to 192.168.1.254 then Login username is admin and  1PTV-ADM1N is the password

Go to home networking then select WAN change then edit the first entry from MER to Bridge and you should be good but it depends on the current firmware

Good luck I just tried the same but the Linksys /Cisco E4200 I had in the background choaked after about 15 minutes when I was setting up the internal with SBS 2011 so much for universal Plug and Play (plug and pray)
So I might be getting a wndr3800 or a wndr4000 and see if that works any better as I now WHS / SBS will auto configure with those

Also Century link will not support the configuration behind the DDR2200 

paulforshay
Level 1
Level 1

Has anything been determined about bridging the DDR2200 since this last post in August? I wil/mayl be ordering Centurylink Prism and am told by Centurylink tech support (?) that if you have Prism service, this modem/router cannot be bridged. In fact, they said that if I want to use my Cisco Valet as my DHCP server, I would have to separate my internet service from the bundle which, of course, is more costly. Sort of defeats the purpose of the bundle should I do that. On the other hand, I guess I can muddle my way through the DDR2200 to do my port forwarding and other things necessary for my security systems and other requirements (like remote access from another location which I can do now).

Paul
Good luck with port forwading the DDR2200
I tried that route as well to no luck on my end and I had the Century Link Tech on site and they too were unable to port forwad the unit  to allow remote access to the SBS box that I have on site. ( I was told that it is a bear because the DDR2200 sets a virtual bridge between data and IPTV stream) 

Even if it did work it drops the DSL speed to 10megs because of the overhead needed for IPTV and I like the 25megs I have now

Paul

paulorv235
Level 1
Level 1

For anyone still looking for help with this topic, I was finally able to get bridge mode working without losing any speed (currently getting 20Mbit down with bonded) by downgrading my DDR2200 to the 3.40.5E firmware. A google search should provide you with several links to the firmware image file, including one directly from CenturyLink's website.

paulforshay
Level 1
Level 1

Well, today they are installing the Prism service and DDR2200 modem. We will see what happens when I try to bridge their router. More to come

dustinnmoore
Level 1
Level 1

So how exactly would I go about using the DDR2200 as an extender? I have two of them and I am wating to use the other for the pool deck.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card