Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISR 4000 AX License Features

Bilal Aslam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm also looking at ISR4000 series routers to upgrade several sites which are currently running 3800 series.

For new sites, usually, we buy data license with 3900 series routers as we use them for routing purposes only (BGP/EIGRP/OSPF)

The  problem is that ISR 4000 series does not have separate data license available. Instead, it has AX (Application Experience) license.

Cisco site says that AX license includes both Data and Security licenses but I can't  find detailed feature set of the AX license which mentions routing protocols such as EIGRP/BGP/OSPF.

This series is not available in Cisco tools and I can't find any relevant discussion anywhere.

Can anyone please give an idea if AX license does support all Data and Security features? I'm interested mainly in routing protocols.

It would be great if someone is actually running an ISR 4000 router with this license.

4 Replies 4

adawa
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, Bilal.

The Cisco ISR 4000 already has an embeded IOS XE Software that supports EIGRP, BGP and OSPF. The licensing for Security, Data and even WAAS are already included in AX license, there is also AXV for added voice. 

Let me know if you have additional concerns or need more reference. Send me an e-mail (adawa@cisco.com) as well for faster response. Kind regards. 

Hello All

I am concerning if there is IP SLA feature available itself on IP Base license on ISR4K IOS-XE.

However there might be available the IP SLA on ISR-G2 UC/SEC/DATA license but it was not available with IP Base software. 

I appreciate if you let me know the information related on this.

Best Regards,

Masanobu Hiyoshi

HumanTorch
Level 5
Level 5

You only need the IP Base license to enable BGP.

The AX license is for advanced features:

AX license includes:

P Base + Security + advanced networking protocols: L2TPv3, BFD, MPLS, VRF, VXLAN
Application Experience: PfRv3, WAAS with AppNav, NBAR2, AVC, IP SLA
Hybrid Cloud Connectivity: LISP, OTV, VPLS, EoMPLS
Intelligent Web Caching: Akamai Connect
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/datasheet-c78-732542.html

Dear All,

I am unable to find all the features provided by the following license:

• SL-4220-IPB-K9  à IP Base License for Cisco ISR 4220 Series

Could you please help me find all the features provided by this free license. I have checked on http://cfn.cloudapps.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/SearchBySoftware.jsp but this tool is also not very helpful because it is not even showing routing protocols which this license clearly provides.

Waiting for your kind response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card