cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ISR4K Queue-Limit only in packets?

To all Cisco enthusiasts,

I am looking for a documentation about this matter I run into.

How come that I can not change the queue-limit in any of my Qos Classes to use byte based queue calculation and not packet based.

on ASR1001-X I can set Packet/Bytes/Ms based ones and it gives me an option:

ASR1001-X(config-pmap-c)#queue-limit ?
<1-64000000> in bytes, <1-3400> in ms, <1-8192000> in packets by default

ASR1001-X(config-pmap-c)#queue-limit 1000 ?
bytes in bytes
ms in milliseconds
packets in packets
<cr>

As you see the ASR says you can set packet/ bytes / Ms value and that its packets by default.

The ISR4K says you can set bytes or packets and packets are by default, but does not give an option for bytes only packets 

ISR4K(config-pmap-c)#queue-limit ?
<1-64000000> in bytes, <1-8192000> in packets by default

ISR4K(config-pmap-c)#queue-limit 1000 ?
packets in packets

I have checked various IOS versions from 15.5 till the latest 16.X version, none has this option.

@cisco Is this a missing feature? Is there a way to enable it maybe? (License?)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It Seems that its basic cisco BUG (or programing error) - this BUG report says its fixed after 16.8.1

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvf46516

I just tested a 16.9.2 and its there again. It seems someone messed up this from 15.5 and from there on it was there till it was noticed and reported probably a few years after the 15.5 got released...

Now I have to wait for an "M" release...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You've possibly "discovered" another reason why an ASR1K costs more than an ISR4K.

It might be just due to "marketing" or it might be due to the additional hardware in an ASR.

It Seems that its basic cisco BUG (or programing error) - this BUG report says its fixed after 16.8.1

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvf46516

I just tested a 16.9.2 and its there again. It seems someone messed up this from 15.5 and from there on it was there till it was noticed and reported probably a few years after the 15.5 got released...

Now I have to wait for an "M" release...

Hi Guys,

thanks for a great resource!

I realize that this thread has been marked solved. However the issue is more widespread. It appears to be a general issue in IOS-XE. I'm seeing the same quirck on NCS520, both on 16.10 and 16.11 :)

Cheers everyone.

/Kim

Hi,

I have worked on this quite much. Recent isr4k iOS has the option to set bytes but only for the queue limit. For the WRED it is still not an option.

Let's hope cisco fixes it soon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: