cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco NEAT and DHCP

jalabonte11
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I am having a DHCP/Cisco NEAT/OSPF issue. I have an IE3300 connected to a 3850 where the IE3300 is the supplicant and the 3850 is the authenticator.

The IE3300 is replacing an older IE3000 that utilizes DHCP and CiscoNEAT in order to get an IP. I copied the configuration of the old IE3000 to the new IE3300. I have added the MAC to ISE in our CiscoNEAT identity group and made sure the network device was also in ISE. On the 3850, the IE3300 was authorized and swapped to the correct vlan but it would not pull an IP or show a CDP neighbor. I defaulted the uplink interface on the 3300 and only put:

no switchport

ip address dhcp client-id Gi1/4

Following this, the DHCP server gave an address to the 3300. I then put the normal configuration back onto the uplink interface:

no switchport

ip address dhcp client-id Gi1/4

ip pim sparse-mode

ip ospf authentication message-digest

ip ospf message-digest-key 1 md5 7 <string>

dot1x pae supplicant

Once this configuration was put back on(after receiving a DHCP address), the loopback came up.

I am trying to wrap my head around why it only receives a DHCP address with a bare bones interface configuration and how I can get the 3300 to connect to the network with the full configuration already on the uplink port.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card