Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Packet tracer Static routing not working

mrigankm20
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,
So I was doing static routing on the network but it was not working idk why. The master ip is 10.10.0.0/16. The attached zip file has the .pkt  file and image is the IP of sockets .
Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Routers know about its directly connected routes only by default without any help/entries. But, in case of static routing and no dynamic protocols running, you will need manually add routes for every possible destination; every router must know how to reach remote networks.  This is also true for return path; aka both ways to and from your source/destination.

you missing some routes:

R2 and R5 are missing 10.10.5.0 255.255.255.0

PC2 has wrong gateway IP address; looks like a typo; once you fix that, R5 does not know how to reach PC2

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello,

what are the router passwords ?

Sorry i forgot to mention , its 123

Hello,

I was working on your file, but saw that you got an answer already. I might as well post the revised file. With static routes, the general rule of thumb is that you want to configure only the most necessary ones, otherwise it can get rally tedious.

In the attached file, I used mainly default routes, and only some specific ones.

Thank you sir , I will surely look into it 

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Routers know about its directly connected routes only by default without any help/entries. But, in case of static routing and no dynamic protocols running, you will need manually add routes for every possible destination; every router must know how to reach remote networks.  This is also true for return path; aka both ways to and from your source/destination.

you missing some routes:

R2 and R5 are missing 10.10.5.0 255.255.255.0

PC2 has wrong gateway IP address; looks like a typo; once you fix that, R5 does not know how to reach PC2

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Thank you so much for telling the missing routes , was doing it at 3 am , no wonder i could not find the missing routes. And yea if forgot to configure R5 or more say forgot to do wr mem. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card