Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco QSFP to 10G SFP-SR compatibility

Syed Farhan Ali
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Team,

I need your advise if we can connect Cisco Nexus 3K or 9K Switch with QSFP 40G uplink to 4x10G SFP-SR on the Cisco 4506-E Switch ?

Please let me know if this is supported ?

Regards,

Farhan.

5 Replies 5

Hello,

if you use the Cisco QSFP to Four SFP+ Active Optical Breakout Cables, your setup should work.

Check Figure 4 in the attached document:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/transceiver-modules/data_sheet_c78-660083.html

Hi Gerog,

Thanks for your response.

I have two X2-10GB-SR= modules installed in Sup 6E of Cisco 4506-E. I have 2x 4506-E which means I have a total of 2x 10GB transceiver per 4506-E.

Now I need to know if this optical break out cable work with this scenario. QSFP to 10G-SR ?

Regards,

Farhan,

Hello,

which QSFP do you have ? There are various types, e.g. QSFP-40G-CSR4, QSFP-40G-SR4,  The X2-10GB-SR has SC Duplex connectors. You can basically connect anything to anything, with converters or patchleads.

Hi Georg,

I am planning to purchase the QSFP. Can you please guide me which will work in this scenario and connect to X2-10GB-SR conveniently ?

Regards,

Farhan

Hello,

better get with your reseller. You need to look at the things like distance requirements and fiber modes, I cannot make hardware purchase recommendations...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card