Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco router 1841 give gibberish on console display

i have Cisco router 1841 and i format the compact Flash then its asking me for initial config and i have change the console setting in Cisco router ,exactly i change the bits per second to 115200 and when i done i restart the router after that it's give on console gibberish display   so i try to change the setting in my computer to same    bits per second to 115200 but i still can not see any thing useful and i try to change bits per second to all value available in windows setting but still no readable data i get in the console    

so can anyone please guide me to fix this issue

i am so sad about this issue

12 Replies 12

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Your screenshot shows you still using a baud speed of 9600. Are you sure that your have adjusted the correct COM port (com3) to 115200?

cheers,

Seb.

Dear Seb Rupik

I have changed the values of Com3 in Terminal App and in computer setting and after that no thing is appear on the Console window i add Image before it was showing    

gibberish

Now No thing at all

if the router is up, you could try connecting to the Aux port at 9600 ( assuming you have not put any other configuration on the Aux port) once router is running you can connect to the Aux port same as console.

then you can check your config

Dear Mr.Richard Bradfield

Thank you and I appreciate your replay  but should i connect the console cable into AUX port and try

How to do this ???????????????????????

and i have not configure the AUX before its in default   

yes just use the console cable, and you should be able to connect by default, give it a go.

I tried but same no display see the image

i connect the console cable to the AUX port in my router

and i open tera terms and select com port 3 as its in my computer and i have change the value in my com inside my computer to 115200 and still no display !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please set 9600 for the Aux port

Dear Richard Bradfield;

thanks again i set aux to 9600 and still same ?

Please See the photo

hi,

could you try putty or tera term?

try adjusting your console speed one by one: 9600, 19200, 38400 etc and set default on other parameters: 8-N-1-N.

Dear johnlloyd_13;

thanks for replay

I am using Both apps Putty and tera terms 

an i also used secure CRT and still not of them given me any display

When you get gibberish output on console connection it is almost certainly a mismatch between the speed setting of the console port and the speed setting of your terminal emulator software (not necessarily the setting of the PC port but the setting of the emulator). When there is no output it might be a mismatch of speed setting or it might be something else, such as configuring no exec (like when you try to abbreviate no exec-timeout).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

saurabh_gera
Level 1
Level 1

Some ISR Routers come with default Telnet config burnt on them, try using it with cisco/Cisco.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card