Views
Helpful
Replies

Clock Rate

shaimaafahmy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a Cisco router with SHDSL interface connected to Internet service provider,I would like to ask can this interface send traffic over the clock rate received by the service provider. and if it does how ?

3 Replies 3

Hi

Clock rate is used to adjust the speed of the communication through that specific link. 

Could you please provide more details about the question?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

my company has 2 Mbps Internet connection, during monitoring the line, i found that line utilization was strange, as it shows utilization form as peak and valleys and keep like this, i contacted the service provider and he informed me that this due to high utilization as i am sending data more than the line clock rate and service provider apply policing for traffic, i told him this shouldn't happen as the clock rate define the clock speed the router should use, but he said, no the router can send data over clock rate with B sub e and it is calculated from CIR

i have no idea if this is correct or not ?

Since you mention CIR, it might be your physical interface supports a higher transmission rate than your CIR.  Clock-rate would correspond with physical transmission rate.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card