Views
Helpful
Replies

combne 2 ported OC3-POS to work as a single port

sabuz_banik
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Concern,

My Customer has procured SPA-2XOC3-POS along with ASR1000 router. They have a bandwidth of 120MB and using 1 port of SPA-2XOC3-POS. Now they want to increase the bandwidth to 200MB and want to use both port of POS.They want to go with PPP Multilink of MLPPP type of solution so that they can use aggrigated bandwidth through both port of SPA-2XOC3-POS.

Please get back with a solution.

Regards

4 Replies 4

sabuz_banik
Level 1
Level 1

Can any one help--------------- ? Want to consolidate 2xoc3 ports into 1.

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Sabuz,

I would suggest to consider the use of two parallel Layer3 links a.k.a ECMP ( Equal Cost Multi Path)

There is no real need to aggregate the two OC3 links it it just enough to be able to use them both.

You just need a second IP subnet to be used on the new link.

I don't think that multilink PPP can handle member links as fast as an OC3 link even on an ASR 1000.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

Thanks for your advice.So, are you saying that i can't aggrigate/consolidate this two port in to one logical port ? Basically it would have been easier if i could consolidate the port. It would be easier to do the routing since hop used to be one (Logical port IP address) for remote network.If you know the any way to accompilish, pls share.

I am passing traffic through VPN tunnel where currently tunnel source and destination are one OC3 port.

Any further advice ?

Regards

Hello Sabuz,

>> I am passing traffic through VPN tunnel where currently tunnel source and destination are one OC3 port.

I see so ECMP is not an option for you as this is a single IP flow

looking at ASR 1000 configuration guide I see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/wan_mlp/configuration/xe-3s/asr1000/wan_cfg_mlppp_conn_xe.html#GUID-7DD35C3F-292B-47F0-BAB9-76BD8E65AAA6

In the examples it mentions bundle of T1 links taken from different channelized T3 ports

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card