Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring BGP

How to configure more than 2 autonomous systems that may have same internal network IP? I have configured 3 AS : 100, 200 and 300 respectively. AS 200 and AS 300 have the same internal network. Now when I send a packet from AS 300 to AS 100 , the packet reaches the right destination but the acknowledgment reaches the wrong AS that is AS 200. AS 200 and 300 have the same internal network that is 10.1.1.0/24. Each router in AS is also configured as DHCP . The interfaces connecting the three routers via switch are on networks 15.1.1.0/24. On AS 200 the excluded IP addresses are in range 10.1.1.2 to 10.1.1.100 .Please help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
! AS200 or AS300 router
int GigabitEthernet0/0/0
 ip nat outside
int GigabitEthernet0/0/1 ip nat inside ip nat inside source list 1 interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0 overload access-list 1 permit any

if you are excluding ip addresses from dhcp pool .. exclude the address assigned to the router interface as well .. 

see attached .. hope that helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@karanbakshi201758092 wrote:

How to configure more than 2 autonomous systems that may have same internal network IP? I have configured 3 AS : 100, 200 and 300 respectively. AS 200 and AS 300 have the same internal network. 

You could configure NAT or MP-BGP with VRF if you are advertising the same internal subnet from 2 locations.

It would be easier to just NAT the internal network 

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
! AS200 or AS300 router
int GigabitEthernet0/0/0
 ip nat outside
int GigabitEthernet0/0/1 ip nat inside ip nat inside source list 1 interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0 overload access-list 1 permit any

if you are excluding ip addresses from dhcp pool .. exclude the address assigned to the router interface as well .. 

see attached .. hope that helps

Hello

@omz  Although this is just a PT simulation, I would just like to add that the use of "any any" in a ACL used for NAT statements isn't really supported and not a recommended.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card