cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connection to talktalk vdsl using 887va router

cbeeuu211
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there.I recently had my talktalk broadband upgraded to a fttc vdsl connection.I am using an 887va isr.When i run show controller vdsl 0 i get positive results in the output that my vdsl modem is syncing and indeed obtaining an ip address via dhcp.However i have no internet connection at the network adapter on the pc.I can access the router via telnet or through discovery within cisco cp and can configure but think i am missing something from the config.

I am using the config attached for the ethernet0 and ethernet0.101 subinterface.However when inputing these commands the no fair-queue command fails with an invalid input at marker and caret is placed below the f in fair-queue.Am i missing something in the syntax of this command as i cant seem to enter this therefore cannot enable fifo by disabling weighted queuing.

My lan is attached to Vlan1  and all hosts are on 192.168.1.0 network with 24 bit netmask.Some hosts are static and i have set a dhcp pool on router to supply 50 ip addresses to clients .I use an ap 1242 ag to handle wireless clients.This works on my talktalk router and ap and wifi clients all connect to vdsl no problem.I get 75Mbps down and between 18-20 Mbps upstream.It seems strange that i cannot disable queueing with no fair-queue command in config and when i show vdsl0 it shows as syncing at just under 80 Mbps downstream and just under 20 m bps upstream and also interface Ethernet0.101 obtains ip via dhcp.Any help on where i am going wrong would be appreciated.I am running ios 15.6.3m universal data which i believe is latest for the 887va with Annex a vdsl2 controller.This worked seamlesly on my adsl connection using PPPoE but talktalk vdsl uses dhcp so there is no username or password so no atm or dialer interface needs configured.Any help very much appreciated thank you in advance.

Regards Charlie

P.S.

I have attached as txt files with sensitive info such as serial number and ip addresses removed my running config and the output of show vdsl 0 as well as full output of show ip interface

6 Replies 6

electraspec
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get anywhere with this?

Yeah i resolved this problem was in dialer interface config not with talktalk now with b.t.Have copies of working configs for talktalk and bt vdsl though if people need help.Thanks for replying.

I'd love to see those configs. I have BT at home on an 860 and managed to use a couple of peoples configs to cobble together a working one that handles the multicast for the BT vision.

The TalkTalk doesn't authenticate as far as I can tell, I didn't think that needed a dialer. Being a total novice at IOS, its no surprise I was wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Hi mate,

So I am also having an issue with getting ppp up.I'm using a Cisco 897VA router and I'm with Talk Talk (fast fibre). There is a number you can call to get the username and password (chap authentication I'm assuming but I tried pap too). So, I configured the ethernet interface and the Dialer interface (with the provided username and pasword) but ppp just won't come up. Do you have the router config you got your Talk Talk connection working with ?

It's driving me insane. I'd be grateful for the configs/any suggestions as to how you got it working. Attached my config, output of show controllers vdsl 0 and debug ppp authentication if you fancy a look. 

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Hi cbeeuu211,

I'm having the same issue with TalkTalk at the moment, their information is useless.

If you still have the working configs would much appreciate it so that I can compare what I have.

Regards

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: