Views
Helpful
Replies

Debug all command

kareem911
Level 1
Level 1

Hi..

I have two routers running OSPF, on router A i had enabled debug all command, router A cpu utilization increased by 10%. But on the other had Router B utilization reached 99% FROM 35%. I know that the router that we enabled debug all command will be affected but not the other router.

Does anyone have a logical answer for this case?

Thanks...

2 Replies 2

Hello,

are both routers the same model and do they have the same hard- and software configuration and IOS version ? Since you are running OSPF, do both routers have the same role in the OSPF network ?

You might want to check the processes running on both routers with the command ´show proc´, the one with the 99% CPU utilization might be running more processes, which might explain the difference in utilization...

HTH,

GP

Hi..

The routers are from diffrent models and diffrent IOS, yes they have the same role on OSPF.

The router with the 99% CPU utilization run more processes. But will the debug all command that is running on router A affect the performance of router B (99% router), because when we switched it off on router A the CPU utilization of router B dropped from 99% to 39%.

Thank you,, i appreciate your help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card