cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Default username/passcode does not work?

1953drtelco
Level 1
Level 1

Ok...I'm trying to setup my 851W  router.  Unable to gain access from the LAN port on 10.10.10.1   I'm able to access through the console port, but the default username/passcode  (cisco/cisco) does not work.  I've tried the reset button, but still no luck.  This was a brand new unit with full documentation, but no luck in gaining access....Any ideas???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Username/Password is Cisco/Cisco.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Username/Password is Cisco/Cisco.

Any other suggestions....Cisco/Cisco doesn't work....I keep getting the same response % Authentication failed.  Is there a procedure on a power reset to place it back on default?

I tried this once, but it didn't work....I tried a power reset with the reset button

pushed in.  After about 15 seconds of holding down the reset button

the router reset to default....yeah it worked and I'm able to program the router, thanks for you assistance...

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for the rating.

i have cisco model rv130w and have the same problem .the pasword not work

Hello,

default username/password for the RV130W is:

Username: Admin123

Password: Admin123

Did you try those ? If it doesn't work, check the link below:

https://www.192-168-1-1-ip.co/router/cisco/rv130/10428/#:~:text=Type%20192.168.,The%20default%20password%20is%20Admin123.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card