Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN spoke question

uros.mirkovic
Level 1
Level 1

I have a following situation:

A spoke router connected to a ADSL modem and a dialer interface configured (to obtain internet connectivity)

Tunnel interface which connects to the DMVPN Hub router usin dialer interface.

Now all the traffic from internal network is going through the Tunnel interface to the DMVPN hub. 

What i would like to achieve is to have only "internal" traffic, for example traffic destined fro 10.100.0.0/16 go through the tunnel and the rest of the traffic go to the internet directly through the dialer interface.

I tried to setup NAT (inside on LAN interface, and outside on Dialer interface) and have applied an ACL to the tunnel interface allowing only 10.100.0.0/16 through it, but i could not get the desired result. Any suggestions?

10 Replies 10

Hello,

you need to set up split tunneling. Post the config of your router so we can fill in the bits and pieces...

Here is the running-config.

Hello,

basically all you need to do is create a static route for the traffic to the other side of the VPN, and send the rest over the Dialer interface. That said, what network(s) do you have on the other side of the VPN ?

ip route vrf ADSL 195.66.189.240 255.255.255.252 Tunnel1
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer1

I have tried adding the static route. It does not work. I have 10.100.0.0/16 on the other side of the VPN tunnel.

The VRF might be the problem...

I'll lab this in GNS3 and get back with you...

Greag,

Thanks a lot. I am quite confident it has something to do with ACL's, but i can not figure out what. I have tried all that seamed logical to me.

Hello,

is your VPN actually up and running ? Your tunnel is configured as ospf point-to-multipoint, but I don't see any OSPF process configured on your router. I see EIGRP, but nothing on the tunnel is configured for EIGRP. Also, is the VRF needed ? If your remote networks are 10.100.0.0/16, are we talking about overlapping network spaces ?

It might be best to provide a schematic drawing of your topology including IP addessing...

Sanitise config before posting?

If you not already aware .. Type 7 passwords can be decrypted on-line very easily.

Thanks for the heads up. Completely forgot about it.

Hello, 

for direct Internet access try:

ip route vrf ADSL 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer1

which probably won't work because your dialer is in the VRF as well...

Is there a possibility to remove the VRF altogether ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card