Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual WAN with ASA 5506X

dtudaresnf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I'm trying to configure a dual wan connection with a ASA 5506X, I have these 2 ISP networks and want to be able to load balance my traffic between then. The two ISP has fixed external IP on my WAN port and I also have and external /30 pool of IPs. When I'm configuring PAT I'm using one of my external IP from my available pool, this way I avoid using interface PAT. 

The problem is that communication goes well when I'm using the WAN network from the ISP who provided me the /30 external IP pool, when I try to use the second WAN I cannot reach Internet, although I can ping the internet from the ASA my inside network won't go to the internet, I tried using google DNS server but with the same outcome. From any PC in my inside network I can not Ping or reach any external net... 

For the configuration I created a Zone and put there my 2 WAN interfaces, and also created static equal cost default route for each of the wan interfaces.

Any idea what can be the problem? 

3 Replies 3

bolds04
Level 1
Level 1

What I think the main problem is that you are using the /30 pool from Provider A on Provider B WAN connection.  Provider B doesn't know about the /30 pool from A, so it's probably getting blocked by Provider B. 

Hi bolds04, exactly this is also what I believe.... So what is the solution to this problem? is there any turn around without the need to actually stablish a BGP peer with ISP B or something like that?...

Hello,

Please share your configuration. it is hard to guess based on just information,

Masoud

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card