Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD - FlexConfig nat external address to another external address

fidelixoy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

We have MPLS where are hundreds if not thousands devices. Problem is when our Internet Operator changed, these devices cannot connect to some servies, like old operator DNS and SMTP servers. Reconfiguring all of these devices would be very difficult and slow.

I tried to make a simple NAT rule that would redirect all old service addresses to new ones, but it does not seem to work with FTD basic NAT. Obviously the solution would be FlexConfig, but I don't know how to do this kind of rule with this. Could someone show simple example, how I can force a query from intranet go to another external server. Example devices tryes to connect to address 1.2.3.4, but I want to connection is changed to address 4.3.2.1

2 Replies 2

Hello

@fidelixoy wrote:

Example devices tryes to connect to address 1.2.3.4, but I want to connection is changed to address 4.3.2.1

1.2.3.4 & 4.3.2.1 are they reachable on a separate interfaces of your rtr you have/or want to have nat ruining?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi.

Booth addresses are on external interface. (In this example 1.2.3.4 is now inaccessible by external internet operator).

Connections to this server comes from internal interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card