Views
Helpful
Replies

Help needed on 12000 COMMAND.(Track)

ZZZ233333
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all:

I got an issue when configure my 12416 router, hope someone could help me fix that.

Here is the detail:

I plan to configure Static route load-balancing, which just assign different administraive distance to static routes.The route with lower distance is preferred. For example, if ISP A is our primary Internet provider the default  route may be configured with a distance of 1 (all static routes are assigned this administrative distance) and the default route through ISP B may be configured with a distance of 100. In that case the default route through ISP B will be used if only the route through ISP A becomes unavailable.

But when I trying to configure

With Enhanced Object Tracking  to do the route failover (a generic track object can monitor presence of an ip route, state of an SLA), I found my IOS not support such Track command (

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 gig0/1 track 1
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 gig0/2 100 track 2)

I have searched the doucments on cisco website, but no result...

Does anyone know how to fix this, or any substitue method to solve?

Here is my 12416 IOS verison(IOS (tm) GS Software (C12KPRP-K3P-M), Version 12.0(33)S7), PRP-2 used.

Thanks all.

2 Replies 2

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

I don't have too much experience with 12000 series, but the only reference to object tracking that I could find is for 12000 XR:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios_xr_sw/iosxr_r3.7/system_management/configuration/guide/yc37obj.html

In the IOS Software Advisory, I also cannot find any support for Object tracking in the regular IOS for 12000.

From your output you have a regular IOS, so this doesn't help too much, just I want to confirm that I cannot find anywhere a document that confirm this command to be available on 12000.

Calin

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello ZZZ23333,

a cisco 1200 0 with PRP-2 is an high  end router and it can handle multiple BGP full internet tables

use BGP with your upstream providers at least to learn the default routes when the primary eBGP session fails your router will use the other one.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card