cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Cisco SDM

normanjeter
Level 1
Level 1

ok, so I've got an 1841 router with the 15.1 Advanced Security IOS loaded and SDM latest version (4.5?). I am trying to setup a dynamic DNS auto updater on it and it offers several resources with which to do this, but not the one I need. I am trying to set it up to use www.dyndns.org for my dynamic dns updates. My old router (a cheap Linksys with updated but stock firmware) does this without a problem but the closest I can find on my cisco is members.dyndns.org which doesn't work.So My question is this: is there a way to add additional methods of dynamic DNS updates? I've already looked at some of the services it has entries for and really wasn't impressed by any of them. I like dyndns.org for its recursive DNS servers that allow me to setup filtering on several levels. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

3 Replies 3

normanjeter
Level 1
Level 1

I tried the link you provided and it wouldn't let me get to it. States Forbidden access. I tried under my personal account as well as our corporate account and neither one have access to the partner sites I guess, which is a huge surprise to me as we are a pure cisco shop, and have over a hundred cisco devices between the switches and routers throughout our organization. Is there anyway you can get me a copy of the document you are referencing via another method?

Thanks in advance

Link edited.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card