cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does this config look for a track route?

jfraasch
Level 3
Level 3

I have an issue with a network I have in Rome where I need to track the port status up an uplink to determine if I need to change the routing path. I can't run OSPF with the neighbor (well I could, but they won't let me) so I have to implement something a little fancier.

The drawing is attached but essentially what I need is when the link to the upstream 6500 in VSS goes down on my primary router, I need my 3560 to insert routes into the routing path to go the other direction through a second 3560 router.  Secondarily, I need that secondary 3560 router to have a path back to my e0 port on my host.

1 Reply 1

jfraasch
Level 3
Level 3

BTW, a couple of notes on the drawing.  The text in RED is what I highlghted is incorrect.  For instance, on the right hand side, the route for the 172.21.0.0 network is pointing to 192.168.0.1 which does not exist.  My field engineer fat-fingered .0 instead of .80 for the router.

What happens in the field now is that if I get the 0/24 interface on ROMNET01001 unplugged, my ability for the host to ping the NTP server at 10.0.3.1 via the 10.0.32.232 upstream HSRP address goes away.

When that happens, the routes to the 10.0.3.0 and other networks should be inserted into my routing tables as going to the 192.168.0.2 router and then up.

I suspect that when I change the route on ROMNET01002 to the correct 192.168.80.1 IP that this should all work quite well.

Anyone else see any issues with this setup?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: