cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to connect and configure connectivity between two remote-sites with the same subnet?

liv.manole1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I have a client who wants to have the same subnet in his HQ and also in the DR remote-site...I cannot seem to find the way to do that...he only provides the L2MPLS tunnel between two ASR routers where I will connect. I attached the generic topology...bascically the ideea that a virtual machine from HQ with IP 10.1.0.7 could be moved to DR remote-site keeping the IP. I cannot manage a solution in which the the VM keeps the IP with the same gateway..can R1 and R2 be configured in HSRP somehow?...is there a NAT I have to configure on R1 and R2? (i don't have access to the routers on which the L2MPLS is configured...

Please help...any solution or sugestion is helpful

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @liv.manole1 ,

the ASR routers should be able to support bridge domains in this way you can build a single broadcast domain including the L2 MPLS link between them and their respective LAN facing interfaces.

At the moment I cannot find a good link about it.

see

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr1000/configuration/guide/chassis/ce-xe-3s-asr1000-book/ce-ether-vc-infra-xe.html

If between the two devices there was a L3 internetwork you could use OTV

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card