I have single Cisco 1800 Router

I want to connect office to site

My office LAN ip : 192.168.0.x/24

Site LAN ip is 192.168.169.x/24

Please post full set of configuration.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As i understood you want to make these 20 PCs able to reach the office which you have a Cisco router there. but the subject made me confused (How to connect Single cisco router to split the network).

Anyway, if you need to connect both sites together and you only have one router at the office, you can either use your ISP to buy a VPN connection between both site & office (which will cost alot). or you can just buy one puplic IP address and use it in your cisco router, so that all PCs can establish PPTP connections with that router which will allow you to connect both site & office together. if that what do you need, please tell me in order to support you with needed configurations. unless, kindly clarify.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

you can do a site-to-site IPSec VPN but you'll need a remote router for the other site.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093f73.shtml

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

M-Hassanien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Naresh,

can you please tell what is the type of router & IOS (if cisco) you do have in both site & office?

In my site office I have 20pcs. At present i hav connected through 3com wireless bridge 2 bridge. I have one cisco 1800 router. In office. How can I route wan & LAN so that I can separate d network

Rgds

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

As i understood you want to make these 20 PCs able to reach the office which you have a Cisco router there. but the subject made me confused (How to connect Single cisco router to split the network).

Anyway, if you need to connect both sites together and you only have one router at the office, you can either use your ISP to buy a VPN connection between both site & office (which will cost alot). or you can just buy one puplic IP address and use it in your cisco router, so that all PCs can establish PPTP connections with that router which will allow you to connect both site & office together. if that what do you need, please tell me in order to support you with needed configurations. unless, kindly clarify.

Mohammed Hassanien

I highly appreciate your support. I do have static IP from the ISP so please help me to configure that. So that site people can connect our office through VPN.

My cisco router is 1800-1840

Pls note: my network is like this

ISP->Fortigate firewal-->Core Switch

Regads

On Cisco Router (PPTP Server):

------------------------------------------------

interface Serial0/1/0.87 point-to-point
ip address X.X.X.X 255.255.255.252   <== Static (public) IP with ISP
snmp trap link-status
frame-relay interface-dlci 87  

!
interface FastEthernet0/0                  <== Private IP (Your Office LAN)
ip address 10.4.92.1 255.255.255.0
duplex auto
speed auto

!

aaa new-model

!

aaa authentication ppp AUTH local 
aaa authorization exec AUTH local

!

vpdn enable
!
vpdn-group 1
accept-dialin
  protocol pptp
  virtual-template 1

!

<<>>>

username cisco privilege 1 password cisco

username test privilege 15 password test

!
interface Virtual-Template1
ip unnumbered Serial0/1/0.87                  <== WAN Interface (with static IP)
peer default ip address pool VPDN
no keepalive
ppp encrypt mppe 128                             <== For Data Encryption (Using  Microsoft Point-to-Point Encryption)
ppp authentication ms-chap ms-chap-v2    <== You will use these while creating PPTP connection at client PC 
!
ip local pool VPDN 10.4.92.100 10.4.92.200   <== Private IPs range which will be allocated to client PCs

!

=====

On Client PC at site:

------------------------------

Please follow this link:

http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/pptp-windows.html

but kindly change the security settings to be as that image (in order to pick just ms-chap & ms-chap-v2)

==================================

You can also make a NAT in order to let these PCs to reach internet from that static IP in the office. If you are interested, please let me know in order to support you with the needed configuration "God Will".

Waiting your feedback.

Mr.Mohammed Hassanien Thank you so much let me try. I will update you once again thanks a lot. tc

Dear Mr. Naresh,

It is my pleasure to serve. And i am here for any further details .

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you so much one more help needed step by step configuration for below connectivity.

Please find attached image.

router1: f0/0 192.168.0.64     f0/1: 192.168.166.101

3com bridge1 : 192.168.166.102

3com bridge2 : 192.168.166.103

router2: f0/0 192.168.169.64  f0/1: 192.168.166.104

Please note that from Office1 to Office2 I want to access all computers but from Office2 to Office1 they have to access only 2 servers i.e 192.168.0.177(app server) and 192.168.0.58(database)

regards

regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card