cancel
Visites
Compliment
Réponses

how to enable multicast on router 1841 Cisco packet tracer

migases56
Level 1
Level 1

hi every one . how can i configure multicast on a router 1841 ??

when i write this

Router(config)# ip multicast-routing

it doesn't work . he tells me (Invalid input detected at '^' marker.)

also is this router support pim or not???

ty

7 RÉPONSES 7

Hello

what feature set and IOS are you running - probarly require an upgrade

Check here

res

paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

ty , but how can i upgrade or add those  features to my router in packet tracer?

Use GNS3 instead of PK you will get all functions for multicast igmp and pim both work fully

change image in PK

It is possible to upgrade the IOS of a device in Cisco Packet Tracer.

1. Put the TFTP server into the workspace
2. Click on it to open its properties
3. Go to the Config tab, then click TFTP. This will show you different IOS versions which can be downloaded on a router or switch device.

thanks man :) .

do you know what is the image version should i download to my router so i can use multicast?

by the way i have router 1841 (c1841-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T1.bin)

and one more last question . how can i add more routers version in packet tracer?

is that possible ? 

++

thanks

So best way is to find that out yourself as in real world you will have to eventually , there is a tool cisco feature navigator that you use for this you can search by software and see what features are available  ---http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

Saying that , that image is an advanced ip services image it does support multicast I would be almost certain of that , I would say the issue is Cisco may have it blocked in PK , are you sure its supported as not all features are and that's why a lot of people use GNS3 or IOU for virtual labbing as there full images

Just to show how it works your image does support PIM so Id say Cisco have not allowed it for some reason it even supports ipv6 pim ,and advanced ip image will usually have nearly every ip feature running ,  see attached screenshot from SN

thanks man . that helps a lot :)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card