Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

How to stop routing between subinterfaces without using firewall feature?

Hello everybody,

I have 1000V (or similar) router which has legs using subinterfaces in 10 or more VLANs. The intended deployment is LISP mobility by stretching subnets to multiple locations and IPSEC/SSL VPN accessing these VLANs from Internet.

However, there is a requirement that this router should not  allow communication between subinterfaces do to the fact that each project/network/VLAN is separate project belonging/operated by different customers.

Is there a way to accomplish this without using firewall or access lists? Also, the router is not the default gateway for these networks/VLANs.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
VIP Mentor

Hello

@irakli_n wrote:

Hello everybody,

I have 1000V (or similar) router which has legs using subinterfaces in 10 or more VLANs. The intended deployment is LISP mobility by stretching subnets to multiple locations and IPSEC/SSL VPN accessing these VLANs from Internet.

However, there is a requirement that this router should not  allow communication between subinterfaces do to the fact that each project/network/VLAN is separate project belonging/operated by different customers.

Is there a way to accomplish this without using firewall or access lists? Also, the router is not the default gateway for these networks/VLANs.

Thanks

Yes using vrf lite have a look at example I shared in a previous post: - here

kind regards
Paul

Please rate and mark posts accordingly if you have found any of the information provided useful.
It will hopefully assist others with similar issues in the future
Content for Community-Ad