Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter-AS MPLS VPN issue

daudparvez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured a lab in GNS in which I am trying to implement an Inter-AS MP BGP VPN. The lab is as follows:

email lab.png

As can be seen, a loopback 5.5.5.5/32 is configured on R5, which is advertised by R4 to R2 via MP BGP with an in-label of 20.

When R2 recieves it, it forwards it to R8 via MP BGP, however, R2 does not advertise it's own label for this route (nolable can be seen). However, on R8 we can see a out-label of 29.

My question is that this out lablel 29 should be R2's in label for this 5.5.5.5/32 route which is actually not.

ALSO NOTE THAT I AM UNABLE TO PING 5.5.5.5 FROM R11 ALTHOUGH THIS ROUTE APPEARS IN R11 ROUTING TABLE.

Please help to resolve this issue.

4 Replies 4

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Great lab! Can you share this one on-line?

There is much more to be tested with such a setup and sharing it would save me a lot of time.

As to your question: What I noticed is that the route distinguisher for vrf HBL is different on R5 and R11.

This might pose a problem and resolving it requires more details and config info than you have provided here.

Another thing might be that R2 does not have a route to 150.0.0.8 or R8 not having a route to the egress interface of R2 towards R5?

regards,

Leo

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Daud,

Have you been able to advance in this issue? I am sure Leo is curious as well

Best regards,

Peter

Dear Peter,

I am unable to slove the problem using MP-BGP between R2 and R8. Even I changed the RDs and RTs as shown below (although they are only significant locally on the router), but with no result. May be I am missing some important configuration step.

However, when I used Inter-AS method A, it worked.

I am attaching the configurations of routers related with vrf hbl.

Can you please help me to solve???

Best Regards,

Daud Parvez.

Please find attached routers configurations. Sorry, it was missing in my above post.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card