cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

intermittent ping and high latency problem using DMVPN.

cyberbench31
Level 1
Level 1

Hello their friends from cisco,

Can someone help me resolving my issue on DMVPN setup i can't make it stable since 2 weeks as i am experiencing high latency and  intermittent ping from head office to just 1 branch office, if i have a small traffic on my dmvpn works very well! but when all users on my network start working at the same time the problem will come up! 

I got 1 hub router with 2 ISP with different tunnel interface and different physical interface for redundancy purposes, same thing on the spoke side 2 ISP with different tunnel and physical interface.

I uploaded here my Sho tech- result with public IP changed..

Hope someone will give any feedback to resolve this issue..

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all!!

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

When running a VPN over the Internet, your VPN is subject to whatever the underlying Internet delays are.  These might be seen by pinging, concurrently, "outside of" your VPN at the same time.

From what you described, since it appears volume related, to your own traffic, it might just be you're oversubscribing the available bandwidth.  If so, the issue you're seeing would be expected.  Also if so, stability and consistency might be improved by using QoS.

i think bandwidth is not the issue, because we just moved from our old linux based router (sparc)  to cisco 1941 with dmvpn setup using the same bandwidth and speed, our vpn on our old router is far better than running cisco with dmvpn setup.. mayber there is something wrong on my configuration or something is missing.. please help!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card