Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS question

muca
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have an c2600-ik9s-mz.12.2-11.T3 image.

According to feature Navigator, this image is supported in some 2600 plataforms (2610,2613, 2620, 2621, 2651..) My question is, can I install this version in any of mentioned plattaforms or do I need the image for the specific platform. ie c2600-ik9s-mz.12.2-11.T3 for 2620-2621

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the image is the same for all platforms, and so are the DRAM and Flash requirements. That means that one and the same imgae, c2600-ik9s-mz.12.2-11.T3 in your case, can be used on all platforms.

HTH,

GP

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello,

the image is the same for all platforms, and so are the DRAM and Flash requirements. That means that one and the same imgae, c2600-ik9s-mz.12.2-11.T3 in your case, can be used on all platforms.

HTH,

GP

Hi,

If so, why specific platforms are chosen when IOS is wanted to be downloaded. You mean that i can run 2651XM IOS also for 2611 series routers. This sounds to me weird. I have to test it.

Regards,

Baris.

Hello Baris,

I guess the IOS download page is organized so that you can find what you need easily, and in order to avoid confusion. Check the name of the .bin file, and the DRAM and Flash requirements, they are identical.

Regards,

GP

Hi,

In that point of view, you are right. IOS file size and the name are the same with eachother. However, i did never use with different platforms. Maybe, something differs internally that we may not know. To me, lets go on choosing the specific platform to avoid bootloops or some crashes.

Regards,

Baris

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card