cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Routing issue

gbenoit83
Level 1
Level 1

We have a router and switch from a customer on our network for testing. The switch is connected to the router. The router is then connected to our switch, which is connected to our Core switch via trunk connection. The core switchis then connected to our FW and the FW is connected to our edge router. The router and switch from our customer is replacing older equipment. So the routes on our hardware has not changed. I do not think it has to do with our equipment, but not sure. 

I am having an issue pinging the distant end we are working with, and they are having the same issue. I have followed the following config. The route shows it to be the our edge router to go out the door. 

Below is the config. 

Any help would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Hello,

no config has been posted. Also if possible put together a brief schematic drawing of what your topology looks like in order to avoid confusion about what is connected to what...

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am having an issue pinging the distant end we are working with, and they are having the same issue. I have followed the following config. The route shows it to be the our edge router to go out the door.

No config has attached and I didn't get your issue. Please share details with some logs. 

The router and switch from our customer is replacing older equipment. So the routes on our hardware has not changed. I do not think it has to do with our equipment, but not sure. 

Take the full details because I am not aware what your requirement and which is hardware you have. Maybe this router is EOL or resource or performance is not fetting in the customer bucket. Please share some details.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hello

@gbenoit83 wrote:

The router and switch from our customer is replacing older equipment. So the routes on our hardware has not changed. I do not think it has to do with our equipment, but not sure. 

You willl need to make amendments to this router and switch so it can talk you exiting network, you cannot expect for it to work straight off the bat especially if the hardware is coming from an old network!

In any case sounds like you need to create an additional L2/L3 vlan on YOUR core switch with the addressing that of the customer rtr and assign the access port connecting from your switch to this customer rtrs in that vlan, also change any static routes on the customer rtr to point towards the core switch new svi.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card