cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IR809 Led Status

EMonnerie
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 809 Industrial Integrated Services Routers (IR809) that has been working since 2017 without issue and suddenly stopped last week. The LED status is as follow:

• SYS: steady green - Router is reachable, and all interfaces are up and functioning properly
  • ALM: off – Normal operation
  • VPN: steady green - At least one VPN tunnel is up
  • GE0: steady green – link is up
  • GE1: steady green – link is up
  • GPS: on – GPS configured
  • WWAN: off – modem is not powered on or modem is on and connected but not transmitting or receiving
  • RSSI: 0: Solid Amber, 1:  off, 2: solid green
  • SIM0: off - no USIM found
  • SIM1: off - no USIM found

Since SIM Led are off, I have checked with our carrier (AT&T) and they confirmed that the SIM card does not have an issue and the account is active from their perspective.
I tried removing the SIM card and inserting it the other slot but same results.

What should I check next? 

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Connect a console and power up the device , check for error messages during boot , if any :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/cisco-iox-discussions/how-to-use-the-ir829-809-mini-usb-console-cable-with-windows-10/td-p/3459156

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I have installed the USB console drivers (CP210x USB to UART Bridge Virtual COM Port (VCP) drivers from Silicon Lab, https://www.silabs.com/developers/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers) and confirmed two ports are showing up in Windows Device Manager (COM6 and COM7). However, when I open a terminal session with Putty, using 9600baud and no flow control on each one of these port, nothing is shown on the terminal. I tried also with TeraTerm and same results. The LED status is still the same. 

Hello,

I would just start from scratch, do a factory default reset, and re-enter the configuration.

1. Power off the router.
2. While holding the Reset Button, power up the router.
3. Hold it until you see the "The configuration reset button has been pressed." message.
4. Quickly press Ctrl+C
5. Routers goes into 'rommon-1>'
6. Enter the command "config-register 0x2142" (that will make the router to ignore the startup-config)
7. Enter the command "reboot"
8, The router will reboot into initial configuration mode, configure the console username, password and enable password.
9. In config mode enter the command "config-register 0x2102", save the configuration and reload the router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card