Views
Helpful
Replies

isr 4331 rate limit

elfadile
Level 1
Level 1

dears  i have  before cisco router 2921   and i am using inerface rate-limit 
  and i buy  new isr4331   but i didnot  find this  rate-limit command also traffic shape
 not available   please give me asolutin  to be used in this isr4331  to make   rate-limit to interfaces and subinterfaces

4 Replies 4

Hello,

you can police or shape. Rate limiting is not available in XE as far as I recall. Below a generic example for policing and shaping. 

What traffic do you want to limit ?

ISR431(config)# policy-map POLICE_PM
ISR4331(config-pmap)# class class-default
ISR4331(config-pmap-c)# police 8000 2000 4000 conform-action transmit exceed-action set-qos-transmit 4 violate-action drop

ISR4331(config)# policy-map SHAPE_PM
ISR4331(config-pmap)# class class-default
ISR4331(config-pmap-c)# shape average percent 25 be 300 ms bc 400 ms

As Georg describes, the interface rate-limit (and also the interface FQ) command functions can be performed the using a policy map. You need to define it globally (as also shown by Georg, although you don't need to enter all the options he shows, as the command will default many of the additional parameters). After the policy-map is defined, you then apply it to the interface using the service-policy command, also defined whether it's to be defined "in" or "out" (NB: policies without queuing features, can be used in or out [like Georg's 1st example], those using queuing feature can only be use for "out" policies [like Georg's 2nd example].)

dears

thank you alot   for your   support   ..but  i do like  similar to this    but when  i apply in the subinterface  it is accept  as output  only  but when i apply  as input not accepting  see the error

ON(config-subif)#service-policy in guest
shape average command is not supported in input direction for this interface
Configuration failed on GigabitEthernet0/0/1.2
R(config-subif)#
*Apr  3 13:16:07.210: %QOS-6-POLICY_INST_FAILED: Service policy installation failed on GigabitEthernet0/0/1.2 policy:guest, dir:IN, ptype:, ctype:DEFAULT

Yes, as I mentioned in my earlier post, you cannot use a policy with a shaper in it as an "in" policy. It can only be used as an "out" policy.

You can, though, also again, use a policy with a policer either "in" or "out".
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card