cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR licensing problem

vivarock12
Level 1
Level 1

A client bought an ISR 4331 from a RESELLER, then due to characteristics, he bought the IPBASE-k9 license.

At this moment, he wants to update the equipment it has a version 3.x.x(classic licensing) to a 16.12.x(so its need smart licensing), then is it necessary to ask the reseller for the IPBASE license or is IPBASE-K9 enough for the upgrade?

thanks for the help.

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are probably things in this question that I do not understand fully. When the client bought this router did the purchase include an active maintenance contract? An active maintenance contract is required to obtain a code version upgrade. The fact that it is IP BASE should not have much impact on being able to obtain the code upgrade.

HTH

Rick

no they dindt at the moment they buy the router, now they have buy a active maintenance contract and they want to do the upgrade of the router the thing is they dont have the license for the IPBASE, the other partnert has the license so can we do the upgrade in that case?

As long as they obtain an active maintenance contract I would think that they would be able to do the upgrade.

HTH

Rick

but i dont have the IPBASE license on the clients account is there a way to obtain or get this license without taking with the other partnert?

licd.PNG

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card