Helpful
Replies

Last IOS upgrade

s k
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance for all your responses. Sorry if I sound dumb, im learning

my question is, how to know when was the last IOS upgrade was performed in Cisco L3 switches (6509 (sup720-3b, sup2t)/4948E/3560X and so on...)?? any information is highly appreciated. Thanks again

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

there's nothing on the device itself from what im aware personally that can tell you that specifically , although Prime can a software application that works with routers and switches

if you check the dir for the flash though you can see at least when the image was added to flash which usually is when the upgrade is done and also check the show version for the uptime may line up with when the ios was added to flash

I did an upgrade last month it shows me the time then but this is only valid if you know there doing the upgrade when they install the ios version that's running

514433700   Jun 7 2017 16:58:45 +00:00  asr1001x-universalk9.03.16.05a.S.155-3.S5a-ext.SPA.bin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

there's nothing on the device itself from what im aware personally that can tell you that specifically , although Prime can a software application that works with routers and switches

if you check the dir for the flash though you can see at least when the image was added to flash which usually is when the upgrade is done and also check the show version for the uptime may line up with when the ios was added to flash

I did an upgrade last month it shows me the time then but this is only valid if you know there doing the upgrade when they install the ios version that's running

514433700   Jun 7 2017 16:58:45 +00:00  asr1001x-universalk9.03.16.05a.S.155-3.S5a-ext.SPA.bin

s k
Level 1
Level 1

Excellent... this helps. thanks Mark!

No problem it would be useful to be able to see it in running config though or somewhere even in show version  , it already shows the last time its configuration changed so should show upgrade paths too really , would be helpful

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card