Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Layer 2 Point to Point connection can ping but not anything else using 2911

Hllo all, i have a couple of questions,

I have a wan setup, 2 sites connected via a layer 2 point to point at COX.

network A can Ping everything on network B.  but that is it,  No rdp to the other servers. no telnet to the routers from A to B (or Vice Verse).

are ACL needed can I just allow everything through. all my static routes on the routers seem to be setup correctally.  and the firewalls on each side of the network have routes point to the other netowrks via point to point gateways(these are the 2911 on each precpective side)

What am I missing.  i can ping everything... but nothing else?  Please help:

Capture.JPG

2 Replies 2

pmccormick1
Level 1
Level 1

Ever discover your issue?  This is exactly what's got me caught up right now. 

Thanks, 

Pat M

There is a significant lack of useful information in the description of this problem. There are routes configured on the routers but we do not know anything about them. There are firewalls but we do not know anything about what policies they are using. It is a point to point layer 2 connection, but we do not know anything about how it was provisioned or whether it imposes any restrictions on traffic. So how are we supposed to provide any helpful suggestion?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: