Level 1

Dear all

what is the wrong in this configuration I can't login into switch

1.PNG

3 Replies 3

Martin L
VIP
VIP

1. second part of login config is not shown to us;  there is a section with line console 0 line vty 0 x, etc. If any of those lines have  no login command set, you will not be avle to login. what do u see there?

2, you can't login into switch via terminal using console cable ? what or how are you trying to login ?  Putty ? Telnet or SSH ?

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

IP_Cartel
Level 1
Level 1

you are missing parts of the basic config.  If you are going to use ssh you'll need to crypto generate.  

add

service password-encryption

aaa new-model

aaa authentication login local

are you using SSH?  can you login via console?  

I agree that the very limited part of the posted config does not provide enough information for us to understand the real problem or to give good advice. With no aaa new-model configured there can be no authentication with any remote device. So attempts to login would either use a password configured on line vty/console or if vty are configured with login local then it would use the configured user ID and password. At present my guess is that login local is not configured and the switch is attempting to use a password configured on the line. And I am guessing that there may not be any password configured on the lines. 

We need to see more of the configuration to resolve this.

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card