Views
Helpful
Replies

Login Page in packet tracer

andy.chapman1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed packet tracer on a x64 Win 7 laptop and when i open the program it brings up a blank screen and wont allow me to login to the netacad, i have checked the requirements and updated java, flash and silverlight just in case but still nothing.

I installed it on a linux laptop and that works fine its just in this laptop, any ideas?

51 Replies 51

nepane
Level 1
Level 1

ok

issue not resolved yet...login screen issue.

I have same problem. I uninstall cisco package tracer and delete folder C:\Users\ABC\Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0 and  reinstall -> restart computer (not lauch package tracer) and working fine 

TranMinh3802
Level 1
Level 1
o

agronmusa
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing the problem where I can no longer log in into the Packet tracer version 7.0.

Why is happening that? I love the old one better

Hi Agronmusa

You did not specified which version of the packet tracer and you did not state your old version of packet tracer.

If your old version is v 7.2 then see my previous existing post about the work around in getting your v 7.2 able to login.

If you are talking about the latest version 7.3 which is for the new CCNA course then see the attached screen shots.

Same here, I have upgraded from v 7.2 to 7.3 because of new CCNA course (2020). I faced the same problem as v 7.2 but the error is different. In v7.2 there is no login page to sign in no matter how hard you try. In v7.3 it gave me an error page but that is not a valid error as I know my computer setup. So I try the old work around on V 7.3 Voila it works. I don't bother to find the root cause as it will waste my time and ending is still have to use the work around. So might as well move on since learning the CCNA is more important. Remember after the packet tracer v 7.3 is running on the computer, that computer cannot have any browser applications at all. That is why I have two computer. One computer windows 7 pro run packet tracer. The other Linux computer run the course video. You problem may not be the same but you can give it a try because no harm at all. Hope you can work on the new packet tracer. Good luckstart browser then start packet tracerstart browser then start packet tracerreboot system start packet tracer without starting any applicationreboot system start packet tracer without starting any applicationsign in to confirmsign in to confirmvoila it work - latest version 7.3voila it work - latest version 7.3

Hi All

As I had said before I don't know the root cause but just an work around of my problem (Blank login page).

So today (1st Sept 2021 at 17:00 hrs) I was doing upgrade of my wireshark. I did not check the original version it may be 3.2.

So when wireshark was doing the installation I saw the "qt5" driver installing and that trigger me to check my netcad login.

And indeed I can start my firefox and then start packet tracer and the login page appear. But this time I have a doubt as I have two factor authentication turn on but I was not prompted at all. This is strange. I am not suggesting wireshark is the cause of my problem but any application on windows system that use "qt5" can be suspect. Will post anything if I find out anything more.

Thanks for reading

yousuf701
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same black screen issue when trying to login to packet tracer, and was able to resolve it by doing the below on my windows 7 64 bit OS and Chrome browser:
1- Uninstall Packet Tracer 7.3
2- Restart my computer
3- Download Packet Tracer 7.2 (32-bit)
4- Run setup as administrator

Hi Yousuf701

Thanks for the information. But I am using 7.3 for the new CCNA course in 2020. So not going back to 7.2

Moreover 7.2 has the same problem (no login page) and I have done a work around for this. See my previous post.

Regards

YouShen

manasigiri86816
Level 1
Level 1

what are we supposed to do about it finally?

Hi Manasigiri86816

I am using 7.3 for my new CCNA - since I found the work around for my system I don't wait or look for an answer to the problem.

It is an application from netacad they can investigate and do something about it but not everyone has the same problem so I reckon that nothing get fix.

Good day

Regards

youshen

sujaycv
Level 1
Level 1

Same

You can simply bypass the Packet Tracer 7.3 login screen by temporarily disabling your WiFi or cable Internet service then starting Packet Tracer normally in Windows.  After Packet Tracer 7.3 opens-up you can then re-enable your network services.  I did this and it worked fine for me. 

Level 1
Level 1

I think it is a bug in login page after installing app

actually the page is not blank

try to select all content in a page then copy and paste it in word app you will find the login page require to enter the email

so I solve it by guess the location to enter the email then press key enter then guess the location to password the press key enter

That steps solve the problem

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card