cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Loopback interfaces is not pinging on both pcs on packet tracer

kevinishere24
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to ping my isp ip address (aka loopback 1) and loopback 10 to PC1 and PC2. Whenever I ping both ip addresses and default gateway from pc1 to pc2 it works. However, when I'm trying to ping my isp ip addresss (1.1.1.1) and loopback 10 ip address (10.10.10.238) on my cmd the request times out.

I also did the ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 loopback1 command on my router1.

Does anyone know what I can do to make sure that both loopbacks can be pinged on my cmd for packet tracer?

Anyways here is a screenshot of my topology and interface brief. pic 1.pngrouter1.png

If any other photos requested are to be provided, please let me know!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

your left router needs to be running RIPv2 as well.In addition, the right router needs to announce at least the connecting network 192.168.1.0 to the left router in order to establish connectivity. I have revised the file and attached it...

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello,

post the Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file, ZIP it first, otherwise the system won't let you upload it...

Hello,

your left router needs to be running RIPv2 as well.In addition, the right router needs to announce at least the connecting network 192.168.1.0 to the left router in order to establish connectivity. I have revised the file and attached it...

When you say "announce" what do you specifically mean? Like, what command did you type on the right router so it can can connect to the left router.

Hello, 

I meant:

router rip

network 192.168.1.0

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To all concerned,
This thread is school work.
Help the students learn: Post the links to documents and configuration guides.
Please refrain from handing out answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card