cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile devices cannot access internet after getting attached to Industrial Access Point 1552S

Hello Community. I have Cisco 1552s industrial deployed in my environment running two SSIDs. The SSID's are broadcasted by the 1552S access points. The issue is even after getting DHCP IP from server mobile devices cannot go out to internet.

We are using 5500 WLC in our environment, I can see the mobile devices getting connected to the 1552s and wlc but they simply cannot get out to internet...

Any suggestions for troubleshooting....?

Thanks 

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

the mobile users are likely getting private IP addresses per RFC 1918 (like 10.10.10.5 or 172.16.20.7 or 192.168.4.21).

if so they need to be translated by NAT on a router before going to the internet.

You need to verify if the IP subnet for these users has been added to the device performing NAT  (it cannot be the WLC itself)

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello Giuseppe

The DHCP scope from which they are getting IP addresses is NATed. Its bit weird to say but I have 63 APs in my environment but only half of them are passing traffic for two SSID's

Not sure what is going on.

Hello gill1099,

you need to troubleshoot on WLC 5500.

Verify the status of all APs on the WLC5500.

it may be handy to enable SSH or telnet access on each AP to help in troubleshooting.

Verify also the licenses installed in your WLC. How many APs are supported by licenses ?

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco